Welcome to Turn The Corner Medical Clinic. Thank you for entrusting your care to us.
Our goal is to enable the provision of affordable private health care of consistent high quality to individuals and families in inner-north Melbourne. We hope we meet your expectations.
The purpose of this document is to provide a summary of who we are, what we do, when and where we do it, how to contact us, and how much we charge.
Our practice address and telephone number
Turn The Corner operates two clinics;
- In Northcote, at 409 High Street, Northcote, VIC 3070. There is some time-limited parking on Elm Street, otherwise Northcote Plaza shopping centre is just a block away.
- In Brunswick, at 301 Albert St, Brunswick, VIC 3056. There is some time-limited parking on Albert Street, otherwise a Woolworths supermarket car park is less than a block away.
Phone us on 1300 557 502.
Other contact options are available here.
Our consulting hours and arrangements for care outside our practice’s normal opening hours.
Our opening hours are generally weekdays 0800-1700 (both clinics) and Saturdays 0900-1400 (Northcote only). We close on Sundays, Public Holidays, and for a few days over the end of year period. We maintain our up-to-date opening hours on Google (simply search “turn the corner northcote” or “turn the corner brunswick”).
The most convenient way to book an appointment is online. Standard appointments are 15 minutes, but for more complicated issues (e.g. mental health, pregnancy consult), or multiple issues, or if you are a new adult or baby client, please book a 30-minute appointment to allow proper time. If we don’t need the time, you won’t be billed for it. New child clients would usually need only a 15-minute appointment.
Most of our available appointments are booked in advance. If you need an appointment on the day, please call us on 1300 557 502, or drop in. In both cases, our Nurses will triage your needs, and determine the most appropriate next steps. We have a doctor working with us every day that maintains spare appointments for this purpose – this might not be your usual doctor, however.
If you need care outside our practice’s normal opening hours;
- In a medical emergency, please call 000 or attend your local Emergency Department.
- Otherwise call our after-hours number, 03 9098 7444. There will generally be a fee payable for any after-hours services provided, over and above any Medicare rebate that you might be eligible to receive.
Our services and our team
You are able to access a range of health providers at our clinics;
Our practice’s billing principles
In order to provide the quality of care that clients expect, and we wish to provide, Turn The Corner Medical Clinic is a private billing practice. There will generally be a fee payable, over and above any Medicare rebate that you might be eligible to receive.
- For In-clinic appointments: We accept all major credit and debit cards; we do not accept cash or cheques. Medicare rebates are processed instantly onto a debit card using our Tyro terminal.
- For Telehealth appointments: As part of the booking process, we will provide a fee estimate, and you will be asked to provide credit card details. We will charge the card after your appointment with a fee based on the length and type of appointment, and you will receive your Medicare rebate via EFT to your Medicare-nominated bank account, usually within a couple of days.
We provide pathology results electronically at no charge should a follow-up consultation not be required.
Details of our current fees are available here.
Our practice’s communication policy
We welcome patient communication via phone (1300 557 502) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org). All communication with patients is conducted with appropriate regard to privacy. We endeavour to respond to email messages on the same business day or, failing that, the next business day.
We welcome communication with other health professionals via HealthLink or secure email or, failing both of those, fax. Our fax number is 03 9068 5249.
Our practice’s policy for the management of patient health information
Our principal concern is the health of clients who visit our practice. A high level of trust and confidentiality is required to ensure the confidence of the clients that our clinicians serve.
Clients will be assured that:
- their privacy will be protected when visiting the Clinic,
- the information collected and retained in our records is correct and up-to-date, and
- that they can access their information for review.
Further information is available here.
Our practice’s process for the follow up of results
The flowchart below explains the process doctors use to manage pathology results, as well as expected timescales. DCP is the software tool the doctors use to share results securely with patients. In summary, it would normally take about a week between having pathology tests done and your doctor either making the results available to you online or recalling you for a follow-up appointment.
How to provide feedback or make a complaint
To provide feedback or make a complaint to us or one of our health professionals, in the first instance please email the Office Manager at email@example.com, or call 1300 557 502 and ask to speak to them.
To make a complaint about us or one of our health professionals to the Victorian Health Complaints Commissioner, please visit https://hcc.vic.gov.au/public.